Happy New Year folks! 2016... already looks very promising.
My deepest apologies for the silence on my end, there have been many personal reasons I've quiet on this front. But I've taken care of what needs to be done. I'm fine, physically, mentally, emotionally, etc. Better than I have been in YEARS. Serious improvement here, folks.
I've also given some thought and agreed that I need to be a bit more on the "sharing" side, since there's been quite a bit developing over here, in regards to what I've been working on.
Now, sadly, as much as I always want to stick to my main project, "The Far Side of Normal", even I know that I need to give myself a break, hence the multiple projects you'll see below.
Some will probably turn out to be short story related... some might end up becoming just bios, or some might be pics/bios & a bit of story... But I know that not all of these will be webcomics like my Big Three you'll see leading the charge down below.
Alright, so let's list these beauties!The Far Side of Normal
- The journey of a mercenary and her companions, who seek to find her daughter. This quest is just one of many, as they discover there is a much larger, much more dangerous quest they have to endure. IfThe Imaginary Adventures of Joanna & the Stuntman
- Working in Hollywood is not as it's cracked up to be. For an upcoming and coming Stuntman, that couldn't be anymore truthful. He may have a job he enjoys, but he seeks his big break. The world, however, has other plans, as he must deal with raising a little girl and making it in life, first.VOID
- What do a pilot, two thieves, a prison guard and a mysterious stranger all have in common? They're all about to cause a ruckus at the intergalactic, maximum security prison known as The Fortress. But if they think that escaping from this place is their only problem, then perhaps they should've rethought their plans in the first place.
The Far Side of Normal will be my main focus in regards to these three, as it has the most developed and it is the closest to be ready. The big plan of mine is to tell it as a 3 part/3 series story webcomic. I will probably have side chapters for certain characters, and off and on, I've pondered the thought of a possible spin-off, but I've yet to decide if that spin-off will necessary.
Aside from these projects, I found myself wandering into other territories. Those who have viewed my page long enough, know I posted my own one-shot of Spider-Man.dark-s1ayer.deviantart.com/art…
I've put a lot of thought into what I want to do next, ever since that one shot. The original plan was to do 10 one shots with a hidden plot behind the scenes of each main plot of the one shots building up to a final encounter against one of Spidey's oldest adversaries.
Another idea was my Spider-Man: UNRAVELED idea, this thing had multiple forms, but I know that I was thinking about Ultimate Spider-Man as I was pondering my own concept.
I'll get back to Spidey in a sec, though.
During all this, I had been working alongside
on his "Journeyman" project, which inevitably evolved into his own spinoff of Marvel's "The Exiles". I loved the concept of heroes battling in the multiverse in a similar concept to DC's "Crisis on Infinite Earths", not to mention the stories told in "The Exiles" comics, so I decided to take that in my own direction, and form my own team.The Outcasts
A project I visit off and on, and have begun plotting out stories, it's more or less open territory for myself, since I gave myself no limits. Everything can be explored. Anime & Manga, Film & TV, comics & books, etc. It is meant to be one gigantic multiverse that this team is exploring. The basic plot is simply that they'd venture into different realities/dimensions/worlds, and fight threats or even save others in those worlds.
The team consists of Doctor Fate from a DC reality, ERMAC of Mortal Kombat fame, Serra Keto from Star Wars, Rorschach from Watchmen, Impact from Top Cow Comics Cyberforce, & Eve Aries from another DC reality.
I'll be providing more info and some art on the Outcasts very soon, since I've gotten quite a bit of it over the years.
Working our way back to Spidey, now, after I created "The Outcasts" I started pondering the whole Unraveled thing again, and off and on I've pondered having maybe one Spider-Man be an occasional companion to the Outcasts (Hell if Marvel's going to do this whole Spider-Verse thing, why can't I do something similar?).
So due to what I was exploring with Outcasts, I began writing down ideas for possible worlds for different Spider-Men I'd want to explore. I've come up with new concepts for some of the characters, side ones, and the villains, but I also wanted to show the utmost respect to one of my most favorite comic book characters whilst putting my own touch to this."UNRAVELED"
- An exploration of several Spider-Men and their worlds. Things like... what would have happened if Spidey had joined HYDRA? What if there was more to the history of the Parkers? What about the exploration of the other families, like the Stacys, the Brocks, etc.? What if beyond what Peter Parker became, his ancestors had similar destinies? What if that no matter the person, the time, the world, there was ALWAYS MEANT TO BE A SPIDER-MAN?
I was also a fan of DC growing up, Batman being what I was introduced to first, so I'm fiddling with some DC stuff that may or may not tie into the Outcast stuff.
There are two other fanprojects I've been engaged with off and on, due to them being the only anime/manga stories I was really invested in.Dragonball: Destinies
- A martial artist, a rich girl and her servant, a poor girl embark on a quest to find the dragonballs. They are soon joined by both a Saiyan and a Namekian, the two of them each bringing their own unique baggage to this ragtag group. Assuming they can all get along, hopefully they find what they're looking for.NARUTO: CROSSROADS
which is a work in progress. I have some pieces of art here and there, but I'm still working on the characters, their bios, backstories, etc. whilst I fine tune the plot. I'll update you as this one develops more (probably think of some more stuff when the new Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 came drops next month).
The last two fanprojects are also some things I've been working off and on with.Mini-Marvels
- In a similar vein to the amazing JL8 webcomic done by
, I wanted to explore a Marvel tale involving younger characters, so this one is about them in middle school. From Spidey & Wolverine to the Avengers, themselves, many will appearing as young ones approaching adolescence and dealing with not just having superpowers but just living everyday life and dealing with school.Metal Gear Chronicles
- An anthology of Metal Gear stories, featuring new characters. There may be some connections to the games, and the stories themselves. I will however offer the words of a Patriot to tease one direction of at least one of these tales: "One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny..."
I'm still thinking over alot of the Metal Gear stuff, and yes I'm still coming off the Metal Gear Solid V high, hence why that fanproject even exists, but as a fan ever since MGS2, I had to do it. It's a work in progress.
I've got some artwork for Mini-Marvels already and I'll be putting that up soon, as well.
There are various other projects I visit as well, but none are as developed as all the ones I've just listed.
Now then, lastly, I would like to introduce to you all, to the kind fellow who will be helping me out with the Far Side of Normal.
I stumbled across him a few years ago when looking for adoptables (it's quite addicting sometimes, had to cut myself off, before I got too many
). And we've kept in touch ever since. I found out he had his own plans for some webcomic tales and asked him if he was interested in helping me with mine. And well, the rest is history.
Please give him a hearty hello and visit his page! His art style is very enjoyable, and I personally can't wait to read his material when he starts posting his own webcomic!
To close things out, I wish to say that I want to be more active here than I've ever been. I know I probably can't post something here every week, so I'll aim for something at least once a month.
Be it a journal, a cache of art and such, or a combination of stuff.
It's time you all see what I've been working on like a madman these past few years.
With myself in better spirits and a good place in life, it's time I do something about this page of mine, as well. So definitely time for some updates.
Alright, I think that's everything, so without further ado, I welcome you to 2016 and the new page of Dark-S1ayer and his projects.
If you've been with me from the beginning, just joining me, or even just stopping by to read this page, I want to thank you, and let you know the best is yet to come!